Welcome to Winter Haven High School’s
Community Service Page
Mrs. Farthing, School Counselor, is the Community Service Coordinator
She is available to meet with students afterschool from 1:45-2:30 and Wednesdays during all lunches in the Cafeteria Counseling office. eLearning students can contact Mrs. Farthing by email at email@example.com or by phone afterschool at 291.5330, ext 419
At the start of each school year, or when students start working with a NEW non-profit agency, students are required to submit their proposal/plan to Mrs. Farthing for approval before logging hours. The maximum number of hours accepted per day is 8, per district policy.
Reminder – Community Service is not required for graduation, but it is a very important requirement for scholarships. Cambridge diploma students must have 100 documented Service Hours.
Please look at the following 5 links below:
· Community Service Proposal/Plan: Must submit to Mrs. Farthing for approval when starting with a new non-profit agency. eLearners may email their proposal.
· Community Service Log: Must have your proposal submitted and approved before logging hours. Students are required to make a copy or take a photo of their log sheet before turning in to Mrs. Farthing afterschool. eLearners may email their log.
· Community Service Brochure: Highlights the benefits of service. Outlines hours that will be approved and those that are not acceptable.
· Understanding Community Service pdf: Information about the program from District Community Service Director
· Community Service websites: Helpful ideas for service opportunities
For more information, please contact:
Click HERE to view Community Service Log
Click HERE to view Community Service Brochure
Click HERE to view Community Service Websites